Tyson Meals seeks ‘upcycling’ startups for July demo occasion
Tyson Ventures is looking for functions for startups to participate in a July 11 investor demo day. Tyson Ventures is searching for startups that provide “upcycling” know-how, which supplies for the reuse of discarded supplies to create a better worth than the unique.
“We’re embracing the round economic system and placing waste to work,” mentioned Tyson Ventures President and CEO John R. Tyson. “At Tyson Meals, this implies reimagining and reusing supplies and dealing to cut back our environmental footprint.”
Tyson Ventures is an funding arm of Springdale-based Tyson Meals.
That is the second yr for Tyson’s Demo Day occasion which debuted in 2022. The corporate mentioned startups can apply on-line for consideration to pitch on the occasion till Could 1. Members will likely be chosen from all submissions after which invited to pitch in particular person at Demo Day. In the course of the in-person pitch, startups will show how their upcycling options can probably assist create a extra sustainable meals system.
Tyson mentioned it plans to pick six startups from contributors to have interaction with senior management at Tyson Meals and probably companion with the meat large to check their improvements in actual market situations, serving to advance sustainability throughout the corporate. Final yr, Tyson mentioned greater than 120 startups from around the globe utilized and 20 finalists pitched at Demo Day. Tyson chosen six startups to work with in testing improvements and creating potential options.
“It was an honor to pitch to Tyson Meals management,” mentioned Aayush Thakur, co-founder and CEO of FR8relay, a resident startup from Demo Day 2022. “The chance to be taught extra in regards to the firm’s technique and execution, whereas receiving suggestions from Tyson’s management was invaluable in creating potential options.”
Following are the startups chosen final yr to work with Tyson on sustainability innovation.
• AgThera – builders of antimicrobial stay biotherapeutics that facilitate the sustainable manufacturing of livestock
• BioIonix Inc. – a know-how platform that develops, manufactures, and distributes proprietary electrolytic techniques to eradicate organic and chemical contaminants from water
• FR8relay – a transportation firm working to create a extra environment friendly, worthwhile, equitable and sustainable trucking logistics ecosystem
• Grain4Grain – a know-how agency that focuses on upcycling quite a lot of meals byproducts into food-safe components and merchandise to be used in supplies and cosmetics
• Tangible Robotics Inc. – a robotics producer centered on automated duties requiring true dexterity and manipulation talents, past easy pick-and-place
• Vanguard Renewables – a nationwide chief in creating meals and dairy waste-to-renewable power tasks that decarbonize provide chains